Man of Roma is a 63-year-old Italian who prefers anonymity in order to be able to talk freely about all.
This blog is bilingual, English and Italian, and will try to merge reflection with anecdotes and elements of autobiography.
- Because as a living witness of the Roman spirit Man of Roma must somehow talk about himself.
- Because Man of Roma is unassuming, his model being Michel de Montaigne.
- Because having lost all faiths Man of Roma sees here an opportunity to cling onto the only faith left to him: narcissism (Woody Allen’s, not Man of Roma’s.)
Further info can be found in the first post which is like an introduction and gives an idea of the general inspiration of the blog. Equally important are the pre-method post and the method post, both intended to clarify the mental procedures in our writings.
- Professional teacher in Italian high school for 16 years (ancient history & Italian literature.)
- IT systems and networking engineer in the last 14 years, working with networking planning, implementing and training projects, in Italy and abroad.
- Composer of soundtrack electronic music, playing piano and guitar and liking any kind of music: classical, contemporary, jazz, world (especially Indian and Arabic,) rock, pop etc.
- Freelance journalist with articles published in major Italian newspapers and magazines.
Note. Activities 3 and 4 somewhat overlap those at 1 and 2, or Man of Roma would be 89.
Man of Roma will gradually (and cautiously) retire in the course of the next 10 years. He hopes this blog will be an opportunity to brush up humanities back, to teach something to others (and to himself,) to rewire his own synapses and mix all up together (including technology & science) into a holistic, hopefully not too crazy, chunk.
What I know and what I am I almost entirely owe to Magister, my mentor.
I have reasons for not revealing his identity.
The method post tells about him and where/when this crucial encounter took place.